Thursday, March 25, 2010

Kinda Famous

I was going to call this one "Almost Famous" but I didn't want to infringe upon any copyrights or anything (like I really care). But for real, this is more about the use of Public Access television to make you that star that you always knew you could be!

If you look at my earlier posts I show some behind the scenes of the shooting of an episode of the children's cooking show that I produce/direct. In the video below I take you into the control room and the studio of DCTV, Washington DC's public access station. DCTV has just upgraded their studio and have a fairly state of the art system. Over $1,000,000 worth of new equiptment at the disposal of everyday Joes (and Janes)like myself, for a price you absolutely will not beat. If you are in DC you need to check out DCTV at www.dctvonline.tv .

When you watch the video below you will see some state of the art equiptment in DCTV's Control Room. I've directed my fair share of shows at DCTV and the equiptment I used was not like the new stuff, but nonetheless I, and many others, made it work for them. Whether the station near you has new equiptment or not, go use it. Some people get so caught up in having the newest latest, but never actually do anything with the stuff. It's only about the equiptment, it's about Y-O-U.

Anyhow, this is how it usually goes down...You are young. You have dreams of being famous, but you never pursue them. You start getting older and you watch other people pursue their dreams. You talk about the people who actually do something (from the comfort of your couch), and how you could do better. You still do nothing. You die. The end.

Well I'm here to tell you it doesn't have to end that way. Oh you will still die, but you don't have to have died doing nothing. Get off your butt, go join your public access station. Take their classes. Make that show you've always wanted to make. Become kinda famous. Then die. The end.

Before the end comes, pursue your dream. You don't have to be famous to express yourself. That's the trap many people fall into. It's either "famous or bust". In my book it's not like that. I enjoy producing and directing shows. The shows get seen by whoever they get seen by (and beleive me, people will watch), and I get the satisfaction of having done something that I enjoy no matter what how many eyes view it. Maybe one day some TV executive will call me and say "We just gotta have your show o our station! Come to New York NOW!!" Or many not. But one thing is for certain, I can say my shows were on TV. You need to be saying it with me. Now skidaddle! And don't come back until you are pursuing your dream.

But watch this video first, follow this blog, follow me on twitter - @lamontclark, and lets be friends on Facebook - www.facebook.com/lamontc .

No comments:

Post a Comment